We are pleased to announce the opening of two vacant positions in the Electricity and Water Business Units respectively with functional reporting line to the Group Finance Director. These are:
Finance Manager – Water and Sewerage Business Unit
Finance Manager – Electricity Business Unit
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. Detailed Job Description for the above-mentioned positions is attached.
How to Apply.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com expressing your interest and indicating the position you are interested in along with a brief resume. Your resume should be no more than 2X A4 pages and should include basic information including name, contact details, address, date of birth, education and qualifications along with a brief listing of your employment to date.
Deadline for submission of applications is 28th July 2023
Job Description NAWEC
|Positions||1. Finance Manager: Water & Sewerage Business Unit [WSBU]
2. Finance Manager: Electricity Business Unit [EBU]
|Role Summary||Overall control and responsibility for NAWEC WSBU/EBU Financial Management|
|Reporting Relationships||Reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer of the Water & Sewerage Business Unit (Position 1)/ Chief Operating Officer of the Electricity Business (Position 2) Unit and functionally to the Group Finance Director.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||– Provides leadership in the business unit with respect to NAWEC’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
– Contributes to the development of company strategy in the business unit and with the Group Finance Director across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all business unit activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
– Implement appropriate Financial & Accounting structures for the business unit with the support and guidance of the Group Finance Director.
– Puts in place , mentors and develops an appropriate Finance and Accounting team in the business unit and monitors their performance by means of key performance indicators.
– Supports the Group Finance Director in ensuring that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
– Ensures development of corporate budgeting processes and oversees the Annual Budget preparation and its subsequent monitoring and management throughout the business Unit.
– Implements accounting, finance and cash management policies, as set by the Group Finance Director in the business unit.
– Have a key role in the preparation of the management accounts, budget monitoring and reporting and financial accounting and reporting for the business unit in a timely fashion as required by the Group Finance Director.
– Corporate finance: implement company policies regarding, capital investment appraisal, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate to the business unit
– Establishes a high level of credibility and manages strong working relationships with key stakeholders
|Requirements and Qualifications||· Qualified financial accountant (ACCA or ACA or equivalent)
· Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the field of financial accounting or financial audit
|Strategy Development||Understands the exigencies of a developing and changing Water & Sewerage Industry and contributes proactively and objectively to corporate strategy development|
|Business Planning||The capacity to contribute to the development of a Vision and Business Plan for the business unit that reflects corporate strategies and financial Ability to build strong a financial team and to motivate them to deliver Business plan and vision realities|
|Leadership and Management||Inspires the finance and accounting team of the business unit by articulating divisional vision, leading by example and supporting Corporate change initiatives|
|Professional Knowledge||Maintains constant self-improvement by staying up to date with developments in the financial discipline and ensures team are similarly developed|
|Results and Performance||The ability to drive for achieving and surpassing targets and achieves this by division Business Plan monitoring , actively delegating authority and proactively developing a Performance Management regime for staff|
|Policies and Procedures||Understands the criticality of Finance Policy and Procedures and is constantly pursuing initiatives for continuous improvement|
|Systems||The ability and drive to harness information technology to assist Finance in solving its system issues|
|Company Financial “watchdog”||Capacity to identify early potential challenges for the business unit across the financial spectrum including cash flows, expenditure, controls and diligence and generate timely actions|
|Financial Information||Understanding of organisational need for timely and accurate management information and delivers it|
|Staff Development||Grasps the strategic force of a well trained and developed workforce and their potential to develop the Finance and Company vision|
|Analytical Skills||The ability to visualise, articulate and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and make decisions that make sense based on all available information|
|Product Knowledge||Understanding of the business unit role and the services it provides to NAWEC Customers|
|Stakeholder Management||Is sensitive to the importance of stakeholders, their identification and development of appropriate responses|