REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project (GERMP)
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: IDA-D6530
Assignment Title: PRODUCTION OF VIDEO AND INFOGRAPHIC IN SUPPORT OF:
Long-term Energy Crisis Communication Strategy for the Gambia Infographic Video
Reference No: GM-NAWEC-001-CS-QCBS
After years of underinvestment and operational difficulties, NAWEC has commenced a major program of transformation and change designed to modernize its infrastructure and re-engineer its systems and procedures. With support from the world bank, major investments are underway to revamp transmission and distribution networks, generating plants, water infrastructure and operating systems.
NAWEC’s group mission is: “To ensure the safe, efficient, effective and environmentally friendly provision of affordable nationwide electricity, water and sewage services to satisfy customer requirements, achieve a financially sound position and contribute to the socio-economic development of the Gambia.”
To help achieve its mission and to assist with the delivery of the ambitious and challenging programmes NAWEC has been carrying out a series of communication activities, including a weekly call-in radio program. To expand outreach to a wider audience and to touch on more topics, an additional call-in radio program is sought for the weekend. This assignment will involve a contract of about six months from signing it.
This assignment will be implemented under a NAWEC contract, in collaboration with the World Bank.
The consultant is expected to have expertise in creating infographics and videos to effectively communicate the outcomes of projects and other activities to external audiences
The consultant should have:
- Extensive experience in communication, such as strategic communication, media, social media, advertising, public relations, digital campaigns, social marketing, and related activities.
- Proven expertise in the design and implementation of advocacy campaigns on public interest issues at an international level
- Experience in creating animated infographics
- Experience in producing short videos
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; demonstrated interpersonal and diplomatic skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and to present ideas clearly and effectively; proven ability to work in a collaborative and multi-stakeholder team environment.
- The ability to draft professional public communication materials quickly. Proven experience in at least one similar assignment in the last three years in a similar capacity.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the link below.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 2016 and revised November 2017 and August 2018 and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant’s Qualification-based Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 16:00.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by close of business 6th February 2023.
Attention: Mrs. Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited,
Project Implementation Unit
Emporium III Building, Fajara
114 Kairaba Avenue
Floor/ Room number: Conference Room, 1st Floor
Country: The Gambia
Telephone: +220 996 1301/ 9967791/ 7009342