Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
Design, Supply and Installation of Transmission and Distribution Provincial Backbone, Phase 3
Employer: National Water and Electricity Company Limited
Project: Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project
Country: The Gambia
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: D309-GM
RFB No: GM-NAWEC-327002-CW-RFB
Issued on: 8th February 2023
- The Republic of The Gambia (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA), the European Investment Bank and the European Union (the “Banks”) in the form of a credit and grant (hereinafter called “credit” and “grant”) toward the cost of Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project (GERMP). The National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC), an implementing agency of the Borrower (hereinafter called “Client”), intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Design, Supply and Installation of Transmission and Distribution Provincial Backbone, Phase 3. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing, except for those payments, which the contract provides to be made through letter of credit.
- The National Water & Electricity Company Limited now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders to provide Engineering design, supply, delivery to site, storage, installation, testing, commissioning and putting into satisfactory operation the following:
- Construction of a 30kV overhead line extending the existing Medium Voltage Network in URR, CRR, and NBR
- Electrification of villages on the route of the 30kV line and branching by construction of lines and erection of pole mounted transformers ranging from 50kVA to 160kVA with pillar units and associated low voltage networks
- Earthing System including pole mounted transformers, all poles (both LV and MV), fixing brackets and strings, earthing pits, earthing rods, earthing conductor, copper bars, insulators, connectors, adapters, excavation, backfill, compaction, etc.
- Supply and installation of Medium Voltage & Low Voltage poles, cross-arms, insulators, suspension accessories, etc. required for the works.
- Making good any impaired surface or grade finish and transportation of excess earth.
- Labeling of all equipment
- Testing and commissioning of installation and hand-over upon completion of the work.
Main Qualification requirements:
- Annual turnover for the last 3 years of at least $15 million.
- Access to financial resources (e.g. line of credit) of at least $2 million.
- General relevant experience of at least 10 years.
- Specific experience: 2 similar contracts during the last 5 years, with a minimum price each of $6 million.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) procedure as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” (July 1st, 2016, revised in November 2017 and August 2018) (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from National Water & Electricity Company, attention Haddy Njie email firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the bidding document during office hours Monday to Thursday from 9:00am to 16:00pm and Friday from 9:00am to 12:30pm at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of $300. The method of payment will be bank transfer. The document will be sent by electronic mail in PDF format or a link for downloading will be provided. Should a bidder require hardcopy, it will be sent by courier mail, however, such bidder will have to make own pick up and shipment arrangement.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 p.m. (local time), March 31st, 2023. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below at 12:30 p.m. (local time), on March 31st, 2023.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of US$80,000.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address referred to above is:
Attention: Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited,
53, Mamady Maniyang Highway, P.O. Box 609, Banjul The Gambia
Floor/ Room number: Conference Room, 1st Floor
Country: The Gambia
Telephone: +220 4375990
Facsimile number: +220 4375990