Invitation for Bids
Employer: National Water & Electricity Company Limited
Project: Gambia Electricity Access Project
Contract title: Construction of Customer Service Center Complex
Country: The Gambia
Loan No. / Grant No.: 210015040530
Procurement Method: Open Competitive Bidding (National) (OCBI)
OCBI/LCB No: NAWEC-GEAP-CW-02
Issued on: 25th October 2022
- The Government of the Gambia has received financing from the African Development Bank hereinafter called the Bank toward the cost of the Gambia Electricity Access Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Construction of One (1) Customer Service Center Complex. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines and procedures for Investment Project Financing.
- The National Water & Electricity Company Limited now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Construction of the Customer service Centre Complex in Kanifing.
- The center will be a befitting contact center affirming the company’s commitment to be a customer focus and to provide much-needed face-lift for NAWEC peers in the same industry in the subregion. This will also enable NAWEC to respond sufficiently to the expectations, perceptions, and situations of our invaluable customers.
- Bidding will be conducted through the Open Competitive Bidding (National ), OCBN procedures as specified in the Bank’s Procurement Framework dated October, 20152 , and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Framework.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from National Water & Electricity Company Project Implementation Unit and inspect the bidding document during office hours 08: 00 am to 16:000 pm at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of $150. The method of payment will be direct deposit to the project account. The document will be sent by email.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 20th December 2022. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid security amount of USD10,000.00.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document
The address(es) referred to above is (are)
Project Implementation Unit
National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC)
Emporium III Building, Fajara
Banjul, The Gambia
Conference Room, 1st Floor
Telephone: +220 996 1301/+220 7009342