Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Quotations
Supply, Installation and Commissioning of 300sqmm underground power cable to connect the Brikama Switching Station to the Brikama OMVG Substation
Employer: National Water & Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC)
Project: Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project
Country: The Gambia
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: IDA-D3090
RFB No: GM-NAWEC-263229-GO-RFQ
Issued on: 27th July 2022
- The Republic of The Gambia (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA), the European Investment Bank and the European Union (the “Banks”) in the form of a credit and grant (hereinafter called “credit” and “grant”) toward the cost of Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project (GERMP). The National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC), an implementing agency of the Borrower (hereinafter called “Client”), intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Procurement of: Supply, Installation and Commissioning of 300sqmm underground power cable to connect the Brikama Switching Station to the Brikama OMVG Substation. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing.
- The National Water & Electricity Company Limited now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders to provide:
- 3 x 36 kV, 300 sq mm, Indoor Heat Shrinkable cable sealing End.
- 3 x 36 kV, 300 sq mm, Outdoor Heat Shrinkable cable sealing end.
- 36 kV, XLPE-N2XS (F) 2Y – Cable 300 sq mm, Cu, 6200 Meters
- Laying of Cables, 680 Meters
- Connection to the Breakers – 3 connections
- Minimum average annual turnover for the last 3 years: US$1 million. The number shall be supported by audited financial statements.
- Contractual experience: minimum 2 similar contracts during the last 5 years with a minimum contract price of US$300,000. Similar contracts shall include supply and laying of underground cable for a line of 36 kV or higher voltage with the distance of at least 500 meters.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Quotations (RFQ) procedure as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” (July 1st, 2016, revised in November 2017 and August 2018) (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from National Water & Electricity Company, attention Haddy Njie email firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the bidding document during office hours Monday to Thursday from 8:00am to 16:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 12:30pm at the address given below.
- The RFQ document in English may be received by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below.
- Quotations must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 p.m. (local time), August 31st, 2022. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late submissions will be rejected. Quotations will be publicly opened same day in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 12:30 p.m. (local time).
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice.
- The address referred to above is:
Attention: Mrs. Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited,
Project Implementation Unit
Emporium III Building, Fajara
114 Kairaba Avenue, 2nd floor
Country: The Gambia
Telephone: +220 996 1301/ 9967791/ 7009342