GAMBIA ELECTRICITY SYSTEM REHABILITATION AND EXPANSION PROJECT (GESREP) – Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
1.0 Introduction and Overview of the Project
The proposed Gambia Electricity System Rehabilitation and Expansion Project (GESREP) is to be funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB) to contribute to the Government of The Gambia’s (GoTG’s) goal of increasing electricity access through the provision of reliable electricity and strengthening of the institutional systems of the National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC). Considering the aging electricity infrastructure and consequential transmission and distribution losses, the GESREP aims to construct new substations, rehabilitate existing substations and upgrade low voltage lines with the accompanying secondary substations and transformers. The proposed enhancement of NAWEC’s Customer Service Department through an increase in the number of Customer Service Centers and the provision of improved data management infrastructure aims to reduce the commercial losses that continue to affect NAWEC’s performance.
1.1 Project Goal and Objectives
The main goal of the Project is to increase access to electricity through enhanced operational and financial performance of NAWEC. The objectives of the GESREP include: –
i. promoting social development through increased access to reliable electricity;
ii. increasing the billing and revenue collection capacity of NAWEC for enhanced financial performance;
iii. contributing to the rebuilding and recovery of the economy of The Gambia during and post Covid-19 Pandemic;
iv. enhancing skills and the institutional structures within NAWEC for efficient service delivery;
v. promoting healthy and safe environments for workers and the public.
Click on the link below to read more.
ESIA – GESREP
Invitation for Bids
Employer: National Water & Electricity Company Limited
Project: Gambia Electricity Access Project
Contract title: Construction of Customer Service Center Complex
Country: The Gambia
Loan No. / Grant No.: 210015040530
Procurement Method: Open Competitive Bidding (National) (OCBI)
OCBI/LCB No: NAWEC-GEAP-CW-02
Issued on: 25th October 2022
- The Government of the Gambia has received financing from the African Development Bank hereinafter called the Bank toward the cost of the Gambia Electricity Access Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Construction of One (1) Customer Service Center Complex. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines and procedures for Investment Project Financing.
- The National Water & Electricity Company Limited now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Construction of the Customer service Centre Complex in Kanifing.
- The center will be a befitting contact center affirming the company’s commitment to be a customer focus and to provide much-needed face-lift for NAWEC peers in the same industry in the subregion. This will also enable NAWEC to respond sufficiently to the expectations, perceptions, and situations of our invaluable customers.
- Bidding will be conducted through the Open Competitive Bidding (National ), OCBN procedures as specified in the Bank’s Procurement Framework dated October, 20152 , and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Framework.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from National Water & Electricity Company Project Implementation Unit and inspect the bidding document during office hours 08: 00 am to 16:000 pm at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of $150. The method of payment will be direct deposit to the project account. The document will be sent by email.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 20th December 2022. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid security amount of USD10,000.00.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document
The address(es) referred to above is (are)
Project Implementation Unit
National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC)
Emporium III Building, Fajara
Banjul, The Gambia
Conference Room, 1st Floor
Telephone: +220 996 1301/+220 7009342
Email: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS (RFQ) WORK
INVITATION TO QUOTE
Date: 28th September 2021
Project Title: Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project
Source of Funding (loan/credit/grant no.): D6530-GM
Contract Name: Renovation of Customer Service Centres
Contract Ref: GM-NAWEC-251310-CW-RFQ
- This project is financed by the World Bank through the above grant. The National Water & Electricity Company invites sealed quotations from eligible bidders for the Rehabilitation of (5) five NAWEC Customer Service Centers in the GBA.
- Eligible bidders should have experience in the construction of at least one contract of the nature and complexity equivalent to the Works described in this Invitation, during the last three years. The minimum size of the reference contract to be considered similar is $150,000. Bidders shall provide evidence of financial resources to successfully complete the Works in the amount of at least $60,000.
- A complete set of Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents in English will be provided to interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below.
Any clarification request regarding this RFQ may be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org before 22nd October 2021.
- Submission of Quotations
- Signed quotations shall be submitted in the form attached to the address below or via email. Quotations submitted as email attachments.
Attention: Project Coordinator
Projects Management Unit
National Water and Electricity Company Limited
53, Mamadi Maniyang Highway
P.O.Box 609, Kanifing
Telephone: +220 9961301/7009342/9967791
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- The deadline for submission of Quotations is 29th October 2021 @ 12:00 pm local time