NAWEC regrets to inform the public that the power line that connects all the boreholes that supply water through Sukuta Treatment plant has developed some problems during the night and was isolated for repairs. As a result, all the boreholes have been shut down during the night to allow NAWEC to carry repairs on the affected line. This has caused some lack of water in the following areas:
- Latrikunda Sabiji
Works on the line have been completed but this will take some time until the system is fully filled, most likely later in the evening.
NAWEC thanks all its esteemed customers for their patience and understanding while assuring all that normal service will resume soon.
Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
Employer: National Water & Electricity Company (NAWEC)
Project: Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project
Contract title: Intervention boreholes in GBA and Provinces with associated infrastructure
Country: The Gambia
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: IDA-D6530
RFB No: GM-NAWEC-302321-CW-RFB
Issued on: 30th November 2022
- The Republic of The Gambia (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA), the European Investment Bank and the European Union (the “Banks”) in the form of a credit and grant (hereinafter called “credit” and “grant”) toward the cost of Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project (GERMP). The National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC), an implementing agency of the Borrower (hereinafter called “Client”), intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contracts for Intervention boreholes in GBA and Provinces with associated infrastructure. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing.
- The National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for:
Lot 1: Intervention boreholes in GBA with associated infrastructure
- Four new boreholes (WB 1 – 4) including kiosk, headwork arrangements and all site works
- One new borehole (WB 5) including all civil works in Kabafita
- New raw water main to WTP Brikama: 2670 meter PVC DN200, 900 meter PVC DN280, 200 meter PVC DN355
- New raw water main to Kabafita tank, 850 meter PVC DN200
- Connection to the existing aerator at the WTP Brikama
- A new 11 kV power line from WTP Brikama to the boreholes WB 3 and 4 including transformers. From borehole WB 4 the power line should be extended to borehole WB 5 including a transformer
- A new transformer from existing 11 KV powerline to the boreholes WB 1 and WB 2
- Submersible pump, Control panel and telemetry for each borehole
Lot 2: Intervention boreholes in Provinces with associated infrastructure
- One new borehole (WB 6) including all civil works in Kambujeh
- New raw water main to Kembujeh tank, 150 meter PVC DN200
- Demolishing of existing fence and construction of fencing of Kembujeh Tank Complex
- One new borehole (WB 8) including all civil works in Kerewan – Saaba
- Connect WB 8 to the existing water main to Kerewan tank,
- Fencing of Kerewan Tank complex
- Two new boreholes (WB 9 – 10) including all civil works in Farafenni
- New raw water main to Farafenni tank, 1000 meter PVC DN250
- One new borehole (WB 11) including all plot works in Bwiam
- New raw water main to Bwiam tank, 1000 meter PVC DN200
- One new borehole (WB 12) including all plot works in Mansankonko
- New raw water main to Mansankonko tank, 750 meter PVC DN200, 600 meter PVC DN250 & 50 meter PVC DN315
- Connection of all boreholes to the power grid
- Construction of Chlorine building in Kembujeh and Farafenni
- Installation of chlorination systems at all 6 sites
- Construction of borehole headworks arrangements for all boreholes
- Control panels
Main Qualifications Requirements:
Two similar contracts within the last Five (5) years, each with a value of at least:
For Lot 1: US$650,000
For Lot 2: US$800,000
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (July 2016 Revised November 2017 and July 2018 and November 2020) (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from National Water & Electricity Company, attention Haddy Njie, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and inspect the bidding document during office hours Monday to Thursday from 8:00am to 16:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00am to 12:30 p.m. at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of US$300. The method of payment will be bank transfer. The document will be sent by electronic mail in PDF format or a link for downloading will be provided. Should a bidder require hardcopy, it will be sent by courier mail, however, such bidder will have to make own pick up and shipment arrangement .
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 pm Gambian time 31st January 2023. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of:
Lot 1: US$8,000
Lot 2: US$10,000
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address(es) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Mrs. Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited
Project Implementation Unit
Emporium III Building, Fajara
114 Kairaba Avenue
Tel:+220 996 1301 / 9967791/ 7009342
Electronic mail address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org