Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Country: The Gambia
Name of Project: NAWEC
Contract Title: Supply of STS Compatible Smart AMI Electricity Prepayment Meters
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: NAWEC Funds
RFB Reference No.: NAWEC/GCSD/ICB/ESCM/003/2022
Procurement Method: International Competitive Bidding
- The National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC) have budget funds towards the Supply of Smart AMI Prepayment Meters. For this contract, the Procuring Entity shall process the payments using the Telegraphic Transfer method (T/T), 50% advance (with an advance payment guarantee for a reputable Bank and the remaining 50% to be paid after full delivery of the item and satisfaction of the meters supplied.
- The National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC) now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the Supply of:
LOT I: 10,000 Single-phase Smart STS Compatible AMI Prepayment Meter Heads in fully fitted cabins with the following items in the cabin:
- MCB Circuit Breaker 63 AMP
- Esco fuse
LOT II: 400 Three-phase Smart STS Compatible AMI Prepayment Meter Heads (3x100amps).
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Procuring Entities” (July 1st, 2016, revised in November 2017 and August 2018) (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from:
Mr Kainding Sambou – Senior Procurement and Materials Manager, Mr Famara Kinteh-Procurement Manager and Mr Adama Lowe-Procurement Assistant I of National Water & Electricity Company Limited
and inspect the bidding document during office hours at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of GMD 10,000. The method of payment will be electronic transfer. The document will be sent by email.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 PM. on 24th June 2022. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 24th June 2022 at 12:30 PM at NAWEC Conference Room.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security amounting USD 12,000.00 to from a reputable Bank.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Procuring Entity to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice.
- The address(es) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Mr Kainding Sambou – Senior Procurement and Materials Manager
National Water & Electricity Company Limited,
53 Mamady Maniyang Highway, P.O. Box 609, Banjul The Gambia
Floor/ Room number: NAWEC Conference Room, 1st Floor
Country: The Gambia
Telephone: +220 996 9757 /
Facsimile Number: +220 4375990