Specific Procurement Notice
Invitation for Bids [IFB]
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
IFB Number: GESREP/GO/001
Purchaser: National Water & Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC)
Project: Gambia Electricity System Reinforcement and Expansion Project
Contract title: Supply of Prepaid Single Phase Smart AMI Energy Meter and 3 Phase 4 Wire Direct Connected Static Smart AMI Prepayment Trivector Energy Meter with Associated Accessories for Service Connections
Country: The Gambia
Loan No. / Grant No.:
Procurement Method: Open Competitive Bidding (International)
OCBI / LCB No: GESREP/GO/001
Issued on: 11th October 2023
- The Government of The Gambia has received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) hereinafter called the Bank toward the cost of the Gambia Electricity System Reinforcement and Expansion Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contracts for Supply of 30,000 Prepaid Meters with associated Accessories for Service Connections. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines and procedures for Investment Project Financing.
- The National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for:
Supply of 30,000 Single Phase Smart AMI Energy Meter and 3 Phase 4 Wire Direct Connected Static Smart AMI Prepayment Trivector Energy Meter with associated Accessories for Service Connections;
Service Connection Cables for Single and Three Phase Meters – Low Voltage (230VAC)
- Single Phase Aluminum Cables (2 x 16 mm2)
- Three Phase Aluminum Cables (4 x 25 mm2)
- Insulation Piercing Connector
- Anchoring Clamp for Single Phase
- Anchoring Clamp for Three Phase
- Cables Clips with Nail
- Operating Roto Seals
- Bidders may Bid for one or more Items, Lots or Packages, as applicable and, as further defined in the bidding document. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one Items, Lots or Packages as applicable will be allowed to do so, provided those discounts are included in the Letter of Bid.
- Bidding will be conducted through the Open Competitive Bidding (International), (OCBI) method as specified in the Bank’s Procurement Framework2 October 2015, and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Framework.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from National Water & Electricity Company, attention Haddy Njie, email email@example.com and inspect the bidding document during office hours. 0800 to 1600 hours at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English language may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of US$300. The method of payment will be electronic transfer. The document will be sent by email.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 p.m of bid submission deadline of 28th November 2023. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on bid submission deadline of
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of US$52,000.00
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Framework requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address(es) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Mrs. Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited
Project Implementation Unit
Emporium III Building, Fajara
114 Kairaba Avenue
Tel:+220 3664125 / 3182113/ 7009342