Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
Name of Project: Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project
Contract Title: Supply of Equipment and Spare Parts for Water Distribution Network
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: IDA – D3090
RFB Reference No.: GM-NAWEC-313910-GO-RFB
- The Republic of The Gambia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contracts for the Supply of Equipment and Spare Parts for Water Distribution For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing
- The National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Supply of Equipment and Spare Parts for Water Distribution
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”) and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from
Mrs. Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator National Water & Electricity Company Limited
Telephone: +220 9961301/+220 7009342
- Financial Capability: The Bidder shall submit audited financial statements or, if not required by the law of the Bidder’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the Purchaser, for the last 3 years prior to the bid submission deadline, demonstrating the current soundness of the Bidder’s financial position. For a joint venture, this requirement shall be met by each member.
- Specific Experience: The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has successfully completed at least 3 similar contracts within the last five (5) years prior to the bid submission deadline, each with a value of at least US$1 million that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar in nature and complexity to the Goods and Related Services under the Contract. For a joint venture, this requirement may be met by all members combined.
- The bidding document in English be purchased by interested Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of US$300
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 17th January 2023 @ 12:00 p.m. Electronic Bidding will not be Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 17th January 2023 at 12:30 p.m.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount of US$10,000 (Ten thousand US$)
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requirement requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial requirement, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document
- The address(es) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Mrs. Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited,
Project Implementation Unit
Emporium III Building, Faraja
114 Kairaba Avenue
Floor/ Room number: Conference Room, 1st Floor
Country: The Gambia
Telephone: +220 996 1301/ 9967791/ 7009342