SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN):
Standard Format for Invitation for Bids
Date: 25 November 2021
Loan No: ADF Grant No: 210015040530
ADF (TSF) Grant No: 5900155016059
IFB No: NAWEC-GEAP-CW-01
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online AfDB137-06/12 of November 12th, 2019, online and on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website.
- The Government of The Gambia has received financing from the African Development Bank in various currencies towards the cost of The Gambia Electricity Access Project (GEAP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Procurement of Plant Design, Supply, and Installation for electrification of Peri-urban/Rural communities from Brikama and Soma substations in The Gambia.
- The Project Implementation Unit through National Water and Electricity Company Ltd now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Design, Supply, and Construction of 33kV MV lines from the OMVG Substations (Brikama and Soma) with associated 33/0.4kV Distribution Substations, LV Networks and last-mile connections for costumers.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the address below (Monday – Friday) during office hours: 0800 hrs to 1600 hrs.
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of US$ 300 (Three Hundred US Dollars).
- The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods or Procurement of Works.
- Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 12:00 p.m. on 2nd February 2022 and must be accompanied by a security of USD 380,000.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 12:30 on 2nd February 2022 at the offices of:
Project Implementation Unit
National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC)
Emporium III Building, Fajara
Banjul, The Gambia
Conference Room, 1st Floor
Telephone: +220 996 1301