Invitation for Initial Selection
(Design, Supply, and Installation, and Operations)
Employer: National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC)
Project: Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project (GERMP)
Contract title: Design, Supply, Installation and Operation and Maintenance of a solar PV plant with storage in Jambur (West Coast Region – The Gambia)
Country: The Gambia
Grant No.: D309-GM
ISD No: GERMP/WORKS/C1/01
Issued on: December 9, 2019
- The Republic of The Gambia has received financing from the World Bank and from the European Investment Bank toward the cost of the Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project (GERMP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Design, Supply and Installation, and Operation and Maintenance of Solar PV Plant.
- The National Water And Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC) intends to initially select Applicants for the contract for Design, Supply and Installation, and Operations and Maintenance of Solar PV Plant with capacity of 15-20 MW and with Battery Energy Storage System, including Operation and Maintenance for 3 years, Contract No. GERMP/WORKS/C1/01. It is expected that the Request for Proposals will be made in February 2019.
- Initial Selection will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated July 2016 and revised November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from NAWEC at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 16:00. A complete set of Initial Selection documents in English may be purchased by interested Applicants on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of 300 US$. The method of payment will be electronic transfer to NAWEC bank account. The Initial Selection document will be sent by electronic mail. On request, against a faxed or e-mailed copy of the evidence of the remittance, the Initial Selection Documents may be sent by courier service if the transport is previously ordered by the Bidder in his country. The Borrower bears no responsibility for the delivery in such a case.
- Applications for Initial Selection should be submitted in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below by 12:00 on February 10th, 2020. Late applications may be rejected.
Attention: Mrs. Haddy Njie, Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited,
53, Mamady Maniyang Highway, P.O. Box 609, Banjul The Gambia
Floor/ Room number: Conference Room, 1st Floor
Country: The Gambia
Telephone: +220 4375990
Facsimile number: +220 4375990