Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
Employer: National Water & Electricity Company (NAWEC)
Project: Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project
Contract title: Design, Supply, and Installation for Gunjur Water Treatment Plant and Boreholes; and Rehabilitation of Banjul and Brikama Storage Tanks
Country: The Gambia
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: IDA-D6530
RFB No: GM-NAWEC-304860-CW-RFB
Issued on: 16th August 2023
- The Republic of The Gambia (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA), the European Investment Bank and the European Union (the “Banks”) in the form of a credit and grant (hereinafter called “credit” and “grant”) toward the cost of Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project (GERMP). The National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC), an implementing agency of the Borrower (hereinafter called “Client”), intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contracts for Design, Supply, and Installation for Gunjur Water Treatment Plant and Boreholes; and Rehabilitation of Banjul and Brikama Storage Tanks. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing.
- The National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for:
Lot 1: Design Supply and Installation for Rehabilitation of Banjul and Brikama Storage Tanks
- Construction of the two new water towers
- Demolishment of the existing water towers
- Pipework including valve chamber and water meters
- Site works
- Construction of the new water tower
- Demolishment of the existing water tower
- Site works
Lot 2: Design, supply and installation for Gunjur Water Treatment Plant and New Boreholes
- Drilling of 1 new borehole (G03), assemble the components and plot works
- Connect existing borehole E13 and new borehole G03 to new transport main to WTP Gunjur
- New transport main approximately 7 km PVC250 to WTP Gunjur
- Replacement of chlorine dosing pumps
- Power supply and control panel
The following works should be conducted related to WTP Brikama
- Drilling of 1 new borehole (Kasssa Kunde), assemble the components and plot works
- New transport main approximately 2.8 km PVC250 to connect new borehole to WTP Brikama
- Power supply, control panel and telemetry
Main Qualifications Requirements:
Two similar contracts within the last Five (5) years, each with a value of at least:
- For Lot 1: US$ 1,200,000.00
- For Lot 2: US$ 900,000.00
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (July 2016 Revised November 2017 and July 2018 and November 2020) (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from National Water & Electricity Company, attention Haddy Njie, email firstname.lastname@example.org, CC: email@example.com, and inspect the bidding document during office hours Monday to Thursday from 8:00am to 16:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00am to 12:30 p.m. at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of US$300. The method of payment will be bank transfer. The document will be sent by electronic mail in PDF format or a link for downloading will be provided. Should a bidder require hardcopy, it will be sent by courier mail, however, such bidder will have to make own pick up and shipment arrangement.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 pm Gambian time 29th September 2023. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of:
Lot 1: US$ 12,000.00
Lot 2: US$ 10,000.00
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address(es) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Mrs. Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited
Project Implementation Unit
Emporium III Building, Fajara
114 Kairaba Avenue
Tel:+220 3664125 / 3182113/ 7009342