NAWEC Building the future:
After years of underinvestment NAWEC has commenced upon a major programme of transformation and change designed to modernise its infrastructure and re-engineer its systems, procedures and organisation. With the support of Government, Donors and Lenders major investments are happening in Transmission and Distribution networks, Generating plant , Water Infrastructure and Operating systems. NAWEC’s Group Mission is: “To ensure the safe, efficient and effective and environmentally friendly provision of affordable nationwide electricity, water and sewage services to satisfy customer requirements, achieve a financially sound position and contribute to the socio-economic development of The Gambia”.
To progress our Mission and drive the Transformation NAWEC needs to recruit a Senior Group Procurement and Materials Manager.
NAWEC has one of the biggest Materials and Procurement portfolios in the Gambia and we wish to recruit the right person to take on the challenging task of managing the provision of Procurement and Materials Management services for all of NAWEC. This will include :-
- Implementation of procurement best practices across Nawec by development of procurement strategies, procurement planning , tendering, negotiation and supplier management processes
- Drive supplier performance by designing, implementing and embedding supplier relationship and contract management processes
- Ensure that strategic material planning processes are in place to enable Nawec to function efficiently and effectively.
- Work closely with internal and external parties to ensure supply of materials is in place to satisfy Nawec’ s requirements
- Put in place suitable Procurement and Materials management structures staffed by competent and well-motivated staff
- Lead the development of Materials and Procurement management systems
Will have a Third level qualification ideally to Masters level and or Chartered Membership of SIP [Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply] along with a minimum of ten years’ experience in Materials Management or Procurement Management or Logistics management in a business of significant scale.
The Rewards. NAWEC has restructured its rewards package and can offer an attractive deal of Salary and Allowances for the right person. NAWEC can also offer a generous re-settlement package to applicants interested in returning home.
How to Apply. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest and indicating the position you are interested in along with a brief resume. Your resume should be no more than 2X A4 pages and should include basic information including Name, Address, Date of Birth, Education and Qualifications along with a brief listing of your employment to date. Closing date for submission of applications is Friday 15th May, 2020.