REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS
The Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project (GERMP)
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: IDA-D6530
Assignment Title: Refilling of Water Tanks in The Greater Banjul Area
Reference No. GM-NAWEC-182211-NC-RFQ
The GERMP additional financing, in the amount of USD 43 million, was approved by the World Bank Board of Directors on 29 June 2020. This project, which expands the scope of the parent GERMP, aims to improve the operational performance of the National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC), which provides electricity and water services throughout most of the country part of the fund is allocated in response to COVID 19.
NAWEC provides water to urban areas and provinces with more than 100,000 residents. However, it faces many challenges in service provision. In urban areas, about 69 per cent of the population has access to safely managed water, but the maximum supply of services is low, with some neighbourhoods not receiving water for days, weeks or even months at a time.
The objective of this assignment is to refill forty (40) erected water tanks with a capacity of 5,000 & 2,000 litters respectively within the greater Banjul area.
Under the supervision of NAWEC water division COVID19 task force, the Service Provider shall carry out the following tasks:
- The Service Provider shall provide a good roadworthy twelve thousand (12,000) litres water tanker truck or with a bigger capacity to be stationed at Sukuta Treatment Plant.
- The Service Provider shall provide a qualified and professional driver for the tanker truck every day from 08:00 am to 19:00 pm.
- The Service Provider shall use the tanker to collect water from Sukuta Treatment plant, transport it to the identified tank locations across the GBA for filling.
- The Service Provider shall ensure that the tanker truck is in a good hygienic condition required to transport portable water.
- The Service Provider will have access to collect water from Sukuta treatment plant or any other approved facilities if necessary.
- The Service Provider will be provided with specific locations or areas within the Greater Banjul Area to refill the water tanks between 08:00 a.m and 19:00 p.m on a daily basis.
- The Service Provider is responsible for the fuelling of its tanker truck required for its daily operations.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the project implementation unit at the address below.
National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC) now invites eligible companies to indicate their interest for the refilling of water tanks within the Greater Banjul Area. Interested companies should submit their quotations as follows:
- An updated Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) documenting professional experiences and qualifications of the firm to include at a minimum:
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Company or individual business registration
- Valid driving license of the propose water tanker truck
- A list of reference of similar assignment
The selection method is Request for Quotations method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 16:00.
Quotations must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by email) by 7th December 2020.
The Managing Director
National Water and Electricity Company
Attn: Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
53 Mamadi Maniyang Highway
P.O. Box 609, Banjul
Tel: +220 4376607 / 4376608
Fax: +220 4375990