REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project (GERMP)
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: IDA- D6530
Assignment Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for Project Implementation Unit
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): GM-NAWEC-317405-CS-INDV
National Water and Electricity Company Ltd, NAWEC, is implementing the Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project, co-financed by The World Bank (WB) and the European Investment Bank (EIB). A Project Management Unit (PMU) has been created to coordinate this work within NAWEC and with numerous Government ministries and agencies. The role of the PMU includes, inter alia, providing specialist support in the areas of social and environmental safeguards, procurement, financial management, monitoring and evaluation, and communications. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work under the direct guidance of the Project Coordinator in both the preparation and regular review of the project’s activities.
The M&E Specialist will provide technical leadership to develop the project results framework, monitoring plans, and indicators to capture project results and provide effective, accurate, and timely monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of all project activities. The overall objective is to provide strategic and technical guidance in monitoring and evaluating the implementation of project interventions and provide general M&E support (technical + capacity building) to NAWEC particularly in reporting salient operational and financial parameters as detailed in the company’s strategic development plan (SDP) and ensuring compliance with the M&E requirements of GERMP co-financiers.
NAWEC now invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The consultant’s Letter of Expression of Interest and CV shall be submitted to the address below.
SCOPE OF WORKS
Oversee the development and implementation of the monitoring plan to capture the Project’s performance and results, including routine reporting, baseline and result assessments, and all monitoring for process and outcome evaluations.
The M&E Specialist will perform the following tasks:
Develop an overall Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Framework and Plan in accordance with the requirements and standards of the World Bank and the Government of the Gambia:
- Lead efforts to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making;
- Provide oversight and monitoring of field activities and ensures that these activities are coordinated with, complementary to, and supportive of NAWEC projects and or programs;
- Develop and continuously refine the monitoring plan to ensure that the baseline information as well as targets are set well and understood by the project implementation units;
- Undertake monitoring field visits with the Implementing Entities and or Development partner(s) where appropriate;
- Undertake field visits to gather information on the perception of the community members or beneficiaries and other local stakeholders;
- Lead and support the systematic gathering of quantitative and qualitative data and reporting on project progress;
- Monitor data quality assurance and ensure periodic programmatic reports for GERMP are produced on time
- Work closely with project implementation units and the World Bank when undertaking periodic reviews;
- Assist to develop project-specific monitoring and evaluation plans in consultation with the PM and other stakeholders;
- Assist the PM to implement a project-wide M&E framework, guidelines, and other tools for the various components under the project;
- Work closely with NAWEC management to report on identified KPI’s and performance matrices
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be located full-time in Banjul, The Gambia, and perform his/her duties at the PIU (GERMP).
The expected contract duration is 12 months; an extension of this position may be considered and will be dependent upon satisfactory performance.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the link given below:
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Development studies, or related social sciences.
- At least five (5) years experience in monitoring and evaluation and results-based management, including for projects financed by international donors.
- Experience in a World Bank-funded project will be an asset;
- Knowledge of Electricity utilities particularly in a planning function;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills in drafting concept notes and reports;
- Understanding and knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, MS Project, and Database Management tools.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017 and July 2018 and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 16:00. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by close of business November 11th, 2022.
Attn: Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited,
Project Implementation Unit
Emporium III Building,
Fajara114 Kairaba AvenueFloor/ Room number: Conference Room, 1st Floor
Country: The Gambia
Telephone: +220 996 1301/ 9967791/ 7009342