REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consultancy to develop a new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual for the Group Customer Service Directorate (GCSD) of NAWEC
Country: The Gambia
Company: National Water and Electricity Company ( NAWEC)
Sector: Group Customer Service Directorate
Financing: NAWEC Funds.
Reference : REOI/ICB/GCSD/ NAWEC /001/2022
The National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC) was established under the Company Act of 1995 and mandated to provide electricity, water, and sewerage services to The Gambian population. The Group Customer Service Directorate (GCSD) of the Company was created recently to provide a one-stop-shop service delivery for NAWEC customers.
As a relatively new Directorate, Management deemed it necessary to develop a new Standard Operating Procedures Manual for the Directorate to clearly spell out its main functions, duties and responsibilities, and operating procedures in a bid to ensure the following:
- Map out processes and procedures of the Directorate
- Clearly spell out reporting lines within and across the Directorate
- Outline communication and interaction channels with other Departments to avoid conflict and/or duplication of responsibilities
- Enhance standards and overall service delivery
- Organization structural realignment and synergy with other Departments including the newly inaugurated Management Information System (MIS) in discharging their functions
- Fostering a good public image for the Company
To develop a Standard Operating Procedure Manual in line with international best practices that reflects the day-to-day operations of the Directorate and effectively addresses gaps and caters for future development and innovation in utility Customer Service delivery
Profile of Consultant/Firm
The Individual/Firm should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Management & Marketing or Policy Design and Development;
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields – Public Policy, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Management & Marketing or Policy Design and Development
- At least 5 years’ experience in public policy development, public sector management, capacity building, public governance, standard operating policy development, policy and procedure manual development or related fields.
- Understanding of local, national and regional energy markets, including but not limited to electricity/water customer classification, licensing and regulatory requirements for the energy industry, CRM solution for electricity/water industry, and communication frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including senior government officials, private sector, multilateral institutions, NGOs and/or academia.
- Proven experience in facilitating national public consultations, as well as developing technical reports, and drafting policy and policy-related documents.
- Cognizance of/accustomed to the labour laws of The Gambia, General Orders and any other employment policy of The Gambia that may impact the NAWEC/Group Customer Service SOP.
Interested consultants may obtain further information including the Terms of Reference at the address below during office hours Monday to Thursday 8.00 am to 4.00 pm and Friday 8:00 am – 12:30 pm. Firms are required to submit Technical and Financial Proposal.
Eligibility criteria, the establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the Gambia Public Procurement Authority “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants’’ GPPA Act 2014 Amended & 2019 Regulation which is available on the GPPA website. www.gppa.gm
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by Tuesday 18th August 2022 at 16:00hrs Gambian Time and mention Consultancy to develop a new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual for the Group Customer Service Directorate (GCSD) of NAWEC
Attn: Managing Director
National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC)
Mamadi Maniyang Highway, Kanifing
Tel: +220 3449757 /9957957