REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Name of Project: ECOWAS Regional Electricity Access Project (ECOWAS-REAP)- P164044
Grant No.: D4080
Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for the Design and Supervision for the Construction of Project Office
Reference No. GM-NAWEC-315674-CS-LCS
The Government of the Gambia (GOTG) has received financing from the World Bank (IDA Grant D4080), towards the implementation of the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Access Project (ECOWAS-REAP) and intends to use part of the fund to recruit a firm for the design, preparation of bidding documents and supervision of the works for the proposed Project office building at Kotu.
In order to realize its targets, NAWEC wishes to come up with an environmentally sound, conducive, cost-effective, and user-friendly Project office complex that can avail an effective means to accommodate a highly motivated workforce capable of delivering the outcomes for meeting its target in providing access to reliable electricity supply in The Gambia.
The purpose of this TOR is to spell out the terms and conditions for the hire of a consulting firm to carry out a fitting design that can cater to all the present and anticipated future requirement needs of NAWEC’s Project Implementation Unit, on a proposed area at Bertil Harding Highway, Kotu for the construction of a new stand-alone multi-story complex office building and car park area plus the supervision of the works. The design shall be in accordance with the EDGE (“Excellence in Design for Greater Efficiencies”) requirements and the building shall be EDGE-certified upon construction completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONSULTANT
The Consultant will be responsible to PIU/NAWEC, (the client) represented by the Project Coordinator; or his designates, for undertaking the following:
- Assess the management and administrative needs of NAWEC’s Project Office in consultation with the management. It is anticipated that the proposed Project Office building shall accommodate up to 150 employees, and parking space shall be sufficient for at least 20 mid-size vehicles (such as Toyota Frontrunner, Mitsubishi Pajero, or similar).
- Analyze the physical infrastructural development needs in the short, medium, and long term, and prepare detailed designs and tender documents for the proposed facilities.
- Have consultative meetings with the PIU every fortnight to review progress.
- Propose the type of equipment and material needed for these structures along with necessary cost estimates.
- Suggestions/recommendations in order to meet sustainability requirements.
- Taking the above points into consideration, prepare a complete design together with the working drawings, schedules, etc. plus detailed cost estimates.
- Assist the PIU in the development of the bidding documents and the recruitment of the Constructor
- Supervise the construction of the designed facilities, including the preparation of interim certificates and overall management of the contract.
- OUTPUTS; PRE-DESIGN PLANNING
- OUTPUTS: SCHEMATIC DESIGN
- OUTPUTS: PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- ASSISTANCE TO PROCUREMENT AND WORK SUPERVISION
DURATION AND SUPERVISION OF DELIVERABLES
The total duration of the consultancy contract is estimated to be 15 calendar months, including 1 month for Design, 5 months for Assistance to procurement (on an intermittent basis), and 9 months for Works supervision. The anticipated level of effort of key staff is at least 6 months.
National Water and Electricity Company now invite eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Have implemented at least 2 similar contracts in the last 6 years in Sub-Saharan Africa. Work completion reports are required to be part of the submissions.
The works must include design, bid preparation, and supervision during implementation for it to be considered as a similar assignment. A proper description of the projects in the last 10 years is desired. The value of each work performed in the last ten years must also be mentioned and names and contact numbers should also be provided.
- Must have designed, prepared bidding documents, and supervised buildings of at least 1,500 sq. m.)
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained in the link below.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 2016 and revised November 2017 and August 2018 and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Least- Cost-Based Selection (LCS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 16:00.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person, by mail, by fax, or by e-mail) by close of business on November 21st, 2022.
Attention: Mrs. Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited,
Project Implementation Unit
Emporium III Building, Fajara
114 Kairaba Avenue
Floor/ Room number: Conference Room, 1st Floor
Country: The Gambia
Telephone: +220 996 1301/ 9967791/ 7009342