COUNTRY: The Gambia
National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC)
NAME OF PROJECT: International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC)
Loan No./Credit No.: ITFC/2017/IF2/GM/0027
Contract Title: Procurement, Supply and Transportation of Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO)
Reference No. NAWEC/HFO/ITFC/01/2020
- The Government of The Gambia has received financing from the International Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC) toward the payments under a contract for the supply of Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) to NAWEC. The bidding process will be supported by AZOROM; a World Bank financed Consultant Firm based in Ireland.
- The duration of the contract shall be 3 years with an estimated quantity of 210,000 Metric Tons (i.e. an average of 70,000 MT per annum) over the period. The contract will have an option to extend by mutual agreement for two further periods of one year each. In any event, there will be a guaranteed minimum purchase of 150,000 MT under the contract.
- Contract pricing will be on a ‘pass-through’ basis such that the supplier is not exposed to fluctuations in the market price for HFO. The contract will also have provisions for inflation-related adjustments of transportation and delivery charges.
- Tenderers will be required to bid for the Supply and Transportation of HFO to NAWEC’s Power Stations in Greater Banjul Area (GBA) and NAWEC Power Stations in Rural Gambia (Farafenni and Basse 2). In addition to the above, tenderers may also propose as an option, an arrangement incorporating supply and storage of HFO at a mutually acceptable storage facility in The Gambia, with NAWEC taking responsibility for arranging transportation from the storage facility to the Power Stations.
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the Islamic Development Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods under IDB Loans and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the IDB Procurement Guidelines.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English will be provided in an electronic or hard copy format to interested parties upon the submission of an email application to the address above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of $300.00. The method of payment will be by Bank Transfer. Please contact the Procurement Manager at the email address provided at your earliest convenience to register your interest and obtain the relevant details for payment of the tender fee. Tender documents will not be provided in hardcopy format.
- It is planned that the tender preparation period will be four weeks from the above date. The precise closing date for submission of bids will be advised in the tender documents.
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, all bids will be submitted electronically in the form of password-protected pdf documents. A ‘two-envelope’ submission process shall operate, wherein the suppliers’ technical and financial capacity will be evaluated separately from price. Passwords for the ‘pricing envelope’ will be requested only from those suppliers who are deemed to have met the technical and financial capacity requirements.
- Detailed Technical and Financial capacity requirements will be set out in the tender document. The following indicative requirements are provided for the guidance of potential bidders and are not definitive.
- Technical Capacity – The Bidder shall have experience as a supplier of fuel oil or similar commodities in at least two contracts that are similar in scale and scope to the proposed contract and that were substantially and successfully completed within the last five years.
- Financial Capacity – The Bidder shall be required to demonstrate an average annual turnover along with access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, commensurate with the significant cash-flow requirements of the contract. Qualifying threshold values will be specified in the tender document.
- A Bid Security of: Twenty – five Thousand United States Dollar (US$25,000.00) will be required. The tender documents will set out how this should be provided.
53, Mamadi Maniyang Highway,
P.O. Box 609, Kanifing
Banjul, The Gambia
Tel: 00220 4376120/ 4376606/00220 7772698