WHERE CAN I APPLY FOR SERVICE?
- You can apply for water and electricity services from any of our branch offices.
WHAT DOCUMENTATION DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
To complete your application form, you need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of ownership of property. A copy of compound document example; Title deeds Alkali’s transfer document, local authorities transfer document or any receipt of rate payment or any other authentic document to the property.
- Copy of I.D Card, Passport or Drivers License.
- NAWEC nearest electricity pole number if any.
- Simple sketch plan of the location of your property/ compound.
- D500 non-refundable application fees.
AFTER COMPLETING/FILLING THE APPLICATION FORM, WHAT NEXT?
- Your application would be surveyed to determine the feasibility of your request.
- If your request is within the specified service connection limit, you would be issued with an invoice.
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM LIMIT FOR A NORMAL ELECTRICITY SERVICE CONNECTION?
- The maximum limit for a normal electricity service connection is 45 meters from the nearest Low Voltage distribution point to you House or structure.
Please note that, any request for electricity service connection beyond 45 meters is considered to require a line extension.
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM LIMIT FOR WATER SERVICE CONNECTION?
- The maximum distance for water service connection is 150 meters from the nearest water mains pipes.
- Beyond 150m, a main pipe extension is required.
WHAT NEXT, IF MY APPLICATION IS CONFIRMED TO REQUIRE A LINE EXTENSION?
- You wait until NAWEC extends the pole closer to your property through Network expansion projects, or
- You may contact any of the NAWEC Licensing Electricity Contractors to extend the LV line.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR AN APPLICATION TO BE PROCESSED?
- NAWEC will endeavour to complete your application process within the following time frame:
- Site visit for survey two (2) Weeks after Application.
- Service Installation not more than four (4) Weeks after payment.
DO I HAVE TO FILL AN APPLICATION FORM FOR REPLACEMENT?
- No, NAWEC is undergoing a process of replacing all conventional meters with prepayment meters. If you still have a conventional meter in your house, Kindly report to the nearest NAWEC Branch with a copy of your bill, the nearest pole number and contact number.
WHEN IS THE METER READING PERIOD?
- Meters are read at the beginning of each month from the 1st to the 10th
- Meter reading and bill distribution are done concurrently by the same meter reader.
If you don’t receive your bill after this period, please contact your nearest NAWEC branch office or Customer Relations Department at NAWEC Headquarters Tel: 1669, 9966169, 3664169, 4375958.
- Customer are issued with meter reading cards where monthly meter readings are recorded which enables customers to verify the readings on the bill.
WHEN THERE IS WATER LEAKAGE WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- It is the customer’s responsibility to protect themselves against losses through leakage after the water meter. In this respect we recommend that you compare the reading on your meter and bill regularly to monitor your monthly consumption.
- However if there is a leakage before the meter, kindly contact your nearest branch office during working hours or call 1669 anytime (24/7).
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE I MAKE CHANGES OR ADDITIONAL FITTINGS TO MY WATER SUPPLY?
- Customers are reminded of their obligation to notify NAWEC of any changes or additional fittings to be installed on an existing supply. All such work is subject to examination by NAWEC to ensure compliance with the regulations, to prevent waste leading to high consumption.