INFORMATION NOTICE ON THE PROCUREMENT FOR THE DESIGN, SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION (DSI) OF ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION EQUIPMENT IN THE GAMBIA, GUINEA BISSAU AND MALI WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE ECOWAS REGIONAL ELECTRICITY ACCESS PROJECT
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is working to increase access to electricity for West Africans, one of the major challenges of the region. Within this framework, it has initiated, with the support of the World Bank, the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Access Project (ECOWAS-REAP), which consists of strengthening and extending medium and low voltage distribution networks.
- The project will be developed in the form of a series of projects with Phase 1 involving The Gambia, Guinea Bissau and Mali. This phase will benefit from financing of US$ 225 million from the World Bank divided among the three countries and the ECOWAS Commission which will ensure regional coordination. It is based on the construction of three-phase (30/0.4 kV or 33/0.4 kV) and single-phase (17.32/0.23 kV) distribution networks in areas located within a 100 km radius around the OMVG transformer substations in The Gambia (three-phase distribution networks only) and Guinea Bissau (three-phase and single-phase distribution networks) and the OMVS in Mali (three-phase and single-phase distribution networks). In the end, 500 rural localities will be electrified, and the populations will benefit from connection kits.
- The design, supply and construction section will be made of different lots with the following initial consistency:
|Countries||The Gambia||Guinea Bissau||Mali||Total|
|Overhead MV lines 33-30-17.32 kV||900||1 000||2 000||3 900|
|Substations MV/LV 33-30/0.4 kV of 50 to 250 kVA and 17.32/0.23 kV of 25 kVA||380||280||400||1 060|
|Overhead LV lines 0.4 – 0.23 kV||1 000||900||1 800||3 700|
Note: These quantities are subject to change.
- Contracts will be implemented in accordance with the principles, rules and procedures set out in the World Bank Procurement Guidelines available on the website of the said institution (www. worldbank.org).
- The Call for Tenders will be open to all companies from all eligible countries and is expected to be launched in early December 2020, with a submission deadline of 45 days. The implementation of the services is planned for a period of 14 months.
- Following the general procurement notice ref. OP00059416 of 08 October 2018 published in UNDB and www.worldbank.org, a specific procurement notice will be published on the websites worldbank.org, UNDB and www.dgmarket.com, as well as in local newspapers and other media, as appropriate.
- Prior to the publication of this specific notice, the ECOWAS-REAP project invites eligible Companies and Suppliers specialized in the design, supply and installation of electrical works (Distribution) to participate in its Outreach Activity which will take place on November 19, 2020, at 10:00 am GMT by Zoom videoconference. In order to register and obtain more information, please send an email to the following contacts: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; copy to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further information can be obtained from the Regional Coordination Unit (RCU) of the project at the ECOWAS Commission at the address ‘‘ECOWAS-REAP project Coordinator, Directorate of Energy & Mines, ECOWAS Commission Annex, Niger House, 4th Floor Plot 817, Ralph Shodeinde Street, Central Area, ABUJA, Nigeria’’ or by mail to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.