REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANT SERVICES-SELECTION OF FIRMS)
RECRUITMENT OF CONSULTANCY FIRM TO CONDUCT NAWEC HUMAN RESOURCES HEAD COUNT
Country: The Gambia
Company : National Water and Electricity Company ( NAWEC)
Sector : Human Resources Directorate
Funding: Nawec Funds
The National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC) was established under the Company Act of 1995 and mandated to provide electricity, water, and sewerage services to The Gambian population. The National Water and Electricity Company is pleased to invite suitably qualified Consultants Firms to conduct a comprehensive Staff Head count across all NAWEC stations and sub stations in the country, document the existing gaps in its Manpower and come up with a Program of Action on the implementation of the findings.
Scope of the Assignment
- Identify and give details of the existing Human Resources (personnel) of NAWEC and develop a comprehensive Staff profile that outlines the Names, Contacts, address, workstation, and qualifications of each staff member. This will include visiting all the outposts of NAWEC across the country.
- Produce a Comprehensive document on the Findings of the staff Head count and a Program of Action on implementing the recommendations of the audit process.
- Facilitate the validation of the reports, and incorporate all comments and inputs generated from the validation process. The final report should be submitted to the Board of Directors through the Managing Director.
Minimum Qualification and Experience for this consultancy
Lead Consultant(s) must be a Certified Human Resources or Organizational Development expert. (10%)
with over 15 years relevant experience in HR and/or Organizational Development-(30%)
Must possess a master’s degree or its equivalent in Human Resources Development and/or Organizational Development -(20 %)
Must have carried out similar Human Resources Audits with recognized institutions or agencies with similar scope or mandate with NAWEC – (25%)
Excellent command of Written and spoken English – (2%)
Exposure to Gambian labour law desirable and employment policies – (10%)
Must be registered and licensed to operate in The Gambia- ( 3 %)
The Consultant Firm will be required to complete this assignment in eight (8) weeks.
Timelines for deliverables after Contract signing
- Presentation of Inception Report Week 1
- Completion of Desk Review Week 2
- Field Work Week 4
- 1st Draft (to be reviewed by Senior Management) Week 5
- 2nd Draft (to be reviewed by the Board HR Sub Committee) Week 5
Validation of Reports and incorporation of comments Week 6
Interested consultants may obtain further information including the Terms of Reference at the address below during office hours Monday to Thursday 8.00 am to 4.00 pm and Friday 8:00am – 12:30pm. Firms are required to submit Technical Proposal .
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the Gambia Public Procurement Authority “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants’’ GPPA Act 2022 Consultant Qualifications Selection 2019 Regulation which is available on the GPPA website www.gppa.gm.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by Thursday 14th December 2023 at 12:00hrs Gambian Time and mention “Recruitment of consultancy firm to conduct NAWEC Human Resources Head Count ‘’
National Water and Electricity Company
53 Mamadi Maniyang Highway
P.O.Box 609, The Gambia
Telephone: +220 9969757