The Group Finance Director will play a critical part in the transformation of NAWEC and especially in restoring the business to a sound financial footing. This will include :
- Overseeing the development and supporting of accounting functions in to be created business units.
- Contributing significantly to NAWEC’s strategic direction by providing financial analysis, advice and support to NAWEC’s strategic planning
- S/He will be responsible for the efforts, results and success of the financial team and operatives across NAWEC and to this end s/he will be expected to build a strong team commensurate with a modern fit for purpose financial organisation, including accounting, reporting, financial planning and treasury management
- S/He will maintain NAWEC’s financial policies and procedures in good working order and ensure Accounting Manuals are developed and maintained to best international standards.
- S/He will ensure that NAWEC’s records and financial reporting infrastructures are functioning and up to date and capable of generating all reports , business and regulatory.
- S/He will develop and maintain the Financial risk register and ensure its translation and incorporation into NAWEC management protocols.
The successful applicant will :
- Be a qualified ACCA or holder of similarly recognised internationally accounting qualification with extensive financial / accounting experience at a senior level in an organisation of similar scope and scale to NAWEC
- Have a strong strategic inclination and a belief in the necessity for planning in business
- Have evident leadership skills with capacity to inspire others and mobilise them to support NAWEC’s transformation programme
- Have capacity to identify early potential challenges for NAWEC across the financial spectrum including cash flows, required investment funding, expenditure, controls and diligence and generate timely actions
- Grasp the strategic force of a well-trained and developed workforce and their potential to develop the Finance and Company vision.
- Have the ability to visualise, articulate and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and make decisions that make sense based on all available information
- The ability to apply a broad understanding of financial principles and other quantitive information to ensure decisions are fiscally responsible and budget sensitive
- Be a team player who can interact and positivity influence and explain complex financial situations and decisions to fellow directors, MD, Board of Directors and external stakeholders, including banks, donors, senior civil servants and Government Ministers.
How to Apply. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest and indicating the position you are interested in along with a brief resume. Your resume should be no more than 2X A4 pages and should include basic information including Name, contact details , Address, Date of Birth, Education and Qualifications along with a brief listing of your employment to date. Please do not send certificates at this time. Dateline for submission of application is Thursday 31st October, 2019.