Reporting to Group Managing Director NAWEC the Chief Operations Officer Water and Sewerage will:
– Be responsible for the provision of affordable, accessible and quality water and sewage services to the people and businesses of the GAMBIA .
– Contribute to the development of overall NAWEC Group Strategies and translates strategies and plans into targeted objectives and develops associated performance indicators[KPI’s] for systematic reporting to the Managing Director and the Board of NAWEC
– Manage Water & Sewerage Business, its people, processes and finances in an efficient and cost effective manner and returning profits to the NAWEC group
– Help to transform NAWEC’s customer service culture by mobilising Water & Sewerage business teams behind its customer service improvement strategies
– Put in place and mentors and develops a Water&Sewerage team to assist in the delivery of water & sewerage plans and monitors their performance by means of key performance indicators.
– Ensure creation and sustainability of an appropriate organisation for Water Production,Distribution,Sewage and Commercial staffed by well trained well motivated personnel.
– Lead change programme in Water Utility and communicate systematically with all stakeholders
The successful applicant will have :
– A recognized Professional 3rd Level Qualification ideally to Masters level
– Have extensive experience and exposure in a Water utility preferably at a senior level
– Be sensitive to the exigencies and strategic urgency of a developing and changing Water Industry for the Gambia
– The capacity to develop a Vision and Business Plan for Water
– A strong strategic inclination and a belief in the necessity for planning and reporting against performance indicators .
– The ability to build strong teams in Water Production, Distribution, Sewage and Commercial and to motivate them to deliver Divisional Business plan and vision
– A strong grasp of the strategic force of a well-trained and developed workforce .
– Have the ability to visualise, articulate and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and make decisions that make sense based on all available information
– Be especially energised by improvement in safety standards especially the prevention of loss of life
– The ability to apply a broad understanding of financial principles and other quantitive information to ensure decisions are fiscally responsible and budget sensitive
How to Apply
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com expressing your interest and indicating the position you are interested in along with a brief resume. Your resume should be no more than 2X A4 pages and should include basic information including Name, contact details , Address, Date of Birth, Education and Qualifications along with a brief listing of your employment to date. Please do not send certificates at this time. Dateline for submission of application is Thursday 31st October, 2019.