NAWEC is pleased to invite suitably qualified Gambians to apply for the vacant position of Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Policy. The said position forms part of NAWEC’s ongoing organizational restructuring that aims to build a solid team which will adequately respond to the demands, aspirations and expectations of the government and people of The Gambia regarding the electricity and water sectors.
NAWEC is therefore currently recruiting for the above position to join our new Group Projects and Planning team. The position details are as follows:
|Position||Senior Manager Strategic Planning and Policy|
|Role Summary||Overall responsibility for Nawec’ s long term Master Planning and Strategic Business Planning|
|Reporting Relationships||Reports direct to Group Projects & Planning Director but works closely with NAWEC Technical Departments , Corporate Directorates especially Finance, Head of Project Development and Head of Policy and Monitoring & Evaluation|
|Duties and Responsibilities||Master Planning
– Develop a master plan for Nawec Electricity, Water & Sewerage to serve as a blueprint for the future growth and expansion of the business infrastructure.
– Contribute to and incorporate consultant led Roadmap work into master plan and reflect strategic vision, mission and values and relevant aspects of Gambian National Development plans.
– Translate Masterplan/Roadmap/ Strategic Business plans / National plans into prioritised potential projects and obtain outline approval
– Develop rolling 5 year capital budget and obtain organisational and stakeholder approval annually.
Strategic Business Planning
– Care and Maintenance to Nawecs Strategic Business Plan including:-
o Annual review of plan to reflect emergent issues
o Periodic major plan updates
– Monitoring of Strategic Plan progress via Departmental annual business plans and the various Business Objective KPI’s.
– Monthly KPI performance reporting to Nawec executive management and Quarterly reporting to the Board of NAWEC
|Requirements and Qualifications||3rd Level Degree ideally to Masters level with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in planning at a strategic level in an organisation of similar scope and scale to Nawec.
Good understanding of electricity and water businesses.
A Masters Degree in Business Administration would be an advantage
|Visionary||Has capacity to envision the future based on extensive experience and knowledge|
|Systematic||Plans carefully and foresees obstacles in plenty of time|
|Analytical Skills||The ability to visualise, articulate and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and make decisions that make sense based on all available information|
|Stakeholder Management||Is sensitive to the importance of stakeholders, their identification and mobilisation in support of objectives and plans|
|IT savvy||Comfortable in modern IT environment, excellent with MS suite and able to exploit IT systems for business use especially for strategic analysis|
|Team Building||Finds, recruits and develops the best people for the supporting team|
|Professional Knowledge||Maintains constant self-improvement by staying up to date with developments in Strategic Planning and Utility business.|
|Results and Performance||The ability and drive to achieve and surpass targets|
Interested and qualified candidates can submit their applications to the following address:
National Water and Electricity Company Ltd (NAWEC)
P.O Box 609
Applications could also be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 27th August, 2021.