REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
ECOWAS-REGIONAL ELECTRICITY ACCESS PROJECT (ECOREAP)
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: IDA/ D4070
Assignment Title: Senior Power Engineer for PIU
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): GM-NAWEC-191894-CS-CDS
National Water and Electricity Company Ltd, NAWEC, is preparing and implementing the Gambia-related part of the ECOWAS-Regional Electricity Access Project (Phase I). The Project Development Objective is to increase grid electricity access in Guinea-Bissau, Mali, and The Gambia. The project aims to provide access to around 1.1 million people in specific localities in each country selected following a first-order least cost geospatial planning within a 100-km radius of the substations of the OMVG in The Gambia and Guinea Bissau, and the substations of the OMVS in Mali. A critical part of the project work is ensuring compliance with the Environmental and social safeguards requirements of the financing institutions and Gambian legislation.
The project comprises three components: (i) Design and build of electricity distribution
infrastructure (Medium Voltage – MV and Low Voltage – LV) to maximize new connections; (ii) Supervision of the construction and technical advisory; and (iii) Technical assistance and project management.
A Senior Power Engineer is now being recruited by NAWEC – The Gambia Project Implementation Unit (PIU), in relation with the World Bank, to work on relevant projects activities of the unit. The assignment will be for a period of one-year renewable, time-based.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below:
- (i) Must hold a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields;
- (ii) Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- (iii) Fluent in English and French
- (iv) Good skills in information technology and communication tools;
- (v) Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- (vi) Experienced computer user, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- (vii) Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- (viii) Significant exposure to the electricity sector with a minimum of 5years’ professional experience in power engineering
- (ix) Regional experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams on rural electrification projects is desirable
- (x) Have been involved at least in two (2) large engineering projects on power grid extension/reinforcement or rural electrification projects MV/LV in the last five (5) years;
- (xi) Experience and understanding of the methodology of power system planning and analysis software, as well as rules for the interconnection of electricity networks;
- (xii) Specific experience in substation design, construction, protection, control setting and coordination;
- (xiii) Have a good knowledge of the issues and problems facing the energy sector in the ECOWAS region.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 16:00. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by close of business 8th October 2020. PIU-GAMBIA Attn: Haddy Njie, Project Coordinator53 Mamadi Maniyang HighwayKanifing, K.M.C.P.O. Box 609, BanjulThe GambiaTel: (+220) 4376607 / 4376608 Fax: (+220) 4375990 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Click the link below for the Terms of Reference of Senior Power Engineer