Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
Construction of 30kV line Laminkoto-Diabugu-Batapa with distribution network and secondary substations for Sami and Sandu districts villages
Employer: National Water and Electricity Company Limited
Project: Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project
Contract title: Construction of 30kV line Laminkoto-Diabugu-Batapa with distribution network and secondary substations for Sami and Sandu districts villages
Country: The Gambia
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: D309-GM
RFB No: GM-NAWEC-88924-CW-RFB
Issued on: 4th August 2020
- The Republic of The Gambia (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA), the European Investment Bank and the European Union (the “Banks”) in the form of a credit and grant (hereinafter called “credit” and “grant”) toward the cost of Gambia Electricity Restoration and Modernization Project (GERMP). The National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC), an implementing agency of the Borrower (hereinafter called “Client”), intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Construction of 30kV line Laminkoto-Diabugu-Batapa with distribution network and secondary substations for Sami and Sandu districts villages. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing, except for those payments, which the contract provides to be made through a letter of credit.
- The National Water & Electricity Company Limited now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders to provide Engineering design, supply, delivery to site, storage, installation, testing, commissioning, and putting into satisfactory operation the following:
- Construction of a 30kV overhead line from Lamin Koto to Diabugu and branching into to the surrounding villages of provincial area of The Gambia
- Electrification of villages on the route of the 30kV line and branching by the construction of lines and erection of 100kVA and 160kVA pole-mounted transformers and associated low voltage networks
- Earthing System including pole-mounted transformers, switchgear, poles, fixing brackets and strings, earthing pits, earthing rods, earthing conductor, copper bars, insulators, connectors, adapters, excavation, backfill, compaction, etc.
- Supply and installation of Medium Voltage & Low Voltage poles, cross-arms, insulators, suspension accessories, etc. required for the works
- Making good any impaired surface or grade finish and transportation of excess earth.
- Labelling of all equipment
- Testing of installation and hand-over upon completion of the work.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” ” (July 1st, 2016, revised in November 2017 and August 2018) (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from National Water & Electricity Company, attention Haddy Njie email firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the bidding document during office hours Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 16:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm at the address given below
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of $300. The method of payment will be bank transfer. The document will be sent by electronic mail in PDF format or a link for downloading will be provided. Should a bidder require hardcopy, it will be sent by courier mail, however, such bidder will have to make own pickup and shipment arrangement.
- Due to the global COVID-19 emergency situation, bidders will have an option to submit either hardcopy bids or electronic bids in password-protected PDF format. Hardcopy bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 6th October 2020. Electronic bids shall be submitted on or before the same deadline in accordance with the procedure outlined in the bidding documents. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened by Evaluation Committee at the address below. Depending on the global pandemic situation, bidders’ designated representatives will be allowed to participate in the public opening either in person, or by a video conference.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Security of $70,000.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address(es) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Haddy Njie – Project Coordinator
Address: National Water & Electricity Company Limited,
53, Mamady Maniyang Highway, P.O. Box 609, Banjul The Gambia
Floor/ Room number: Conference Room, 1st Floor
Country: The Gambia
Telephone: +220 4375990
Facsimile Number: +220 4375990
Electronic mail address: email@example.com
Copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org